View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 01:57 PM
CAL EWR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2006

In closing and on a positive note, I want to personally congratulate and thank Captain Eric Hunter for stepping up to be our next SPSC Chairman. Eric brings a wealth of knowledge and expertise to the position. Most importantly, I believe Eric will revitalize our SPSC and make the changes necessary to bring it more in line with our needs for the future. That is what will be required to provide the leverage for our MEC to not only capitalize on the windows of opportunity that may present themselves as we move forward, but most importantly to build the credible strike threat that is absolutely imperative if we are to attain any of our core contractual goals.

In speaking with Eric this week, he wanted me to pass along that he will revitalize the time-proven and very successful ALPA P2P program. Over the next weeks and months, Eric will be contacting all the former P2P members. Your EWR LEC Officers sincerely ask each and every former P2P pilot to put on your coveted Red P2P Lanyard and ready yourselves to once again be part of the team and very much part of the solution. There is absolutely no way we can attain our contractual goals without each and every one of you by our side—unionism isn’t a spectator sport.

In light of Managements recent actions I think it’s appropriate to say, we are at war and the enemy is Continental management.

As we close this week, please remember our 147 hostages and their families.

“I have been asked why flight ops does not respond vigorously to these attacks and to the various claims and insinuations that accompany them.” -Captain Fred Abbott in the July 2009 issue of the Flight Operations Update.

Note to Fred: that would require an actual response that actually contains actual truth.

Captain Jayson Baron, EWR Council 170 Chairman
[email protected]

First Officer Tara Cook, EWR Council 170 Vice Chairman
[email protected]

Captain Kaye Riggs, EWR Council 170 Secretary-Treasurer
[email protected]