View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 04:34 PM
imatworkallday
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Question Help me out here!

First, my background. I graduated from HS in 2001 and went to AF basic in 2002. I was in ATC for about a year, but due to manning issues, I was forced to retrain. I ended up retraining into Aerospace Physiology and did that for for year. While serving, I was a hard worker and made great improvements in out unit. However, I wasn't always the best Airman there. Mostly weight issue affected my performance reports (I'm not looking for a lecture on weight management or anything like that. I know, it's the military its part of the lifestyle. I am helping my wife prep for her first marathon.) I started working on my BS Pro Aero with ERAU and got my AS Physiology Instruction from CCAF. I got out in Apr 2008 and went to ATP (yes ATP, lets not say anymore about that) and have my CFI, CFII, MEI.

Now the question: Is it worth it for me to finish my degree (late '09 early '10) and attempt to get a commission and do the AD AF pilot gig, or should I continue looking for students? Will my instructor ratings help and if so, how much? Has anyone on here gone from AD enlisted to AD pilot? Any and all information is GREATLY appreciated!