Old 07-27-2009, 01:04 PM
The Juice
ULTP-Ultra Low Tier Pilot

Joined APC: Dec 2007

Originally Posted by DWN3GRN View Post
Where have you been, in a hole? Both crewmembers commuted to work prior to trip. The F/O slept in the crewroom after she commuted in from SEA. I am not against commuting, cuz I do. but to sit here and say fatigue was not a factor I disagree with you.
No, not in a hole. I work for Colgan and flew aprox 150 hours with Renslow on the Saab, you?

The FO slept in the crewroom the day of the flight, correct. The flight that left at night. She flew in the night before after sleeping the entire flight as a pax jumping on a cargo plane. This fact came from Becca's mother and husband directly, whom she spoke with the day of the flight.

Marvin, who I respect as a man, always stretched himself thin when it came to money. He told me many time he would rather sleep in ops then get a hotel to save money. Marvin had to work a lot because of the high standard of living he wanted to maintain for his family.

There was no lack of conversation during the flight that suggests they were so tired to fly that it was quiet up front, in fact it was the amount of conversation that is a factor of the crash.

The main issue with 3407 is not fatigue, it is the fact that Marvin was not ready to be a 121 CA of that plane. Talk to people who have flown with him and people who have trained him and maybe you will feel a bit diferently