Old 07-27-2009, 01:45 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
No, not in a hole. I work for Colgan and flew aprox 150 hours with Renslow on the Saab, you?

The FO slept in the crewroom the day of the flight, correct. The flight that left at night. She flew in the night before after sleeping the entire flight as a pax jumping on a cargo plane. This fact came from Becca's mother and husband directly, whom she spoke with the day of the flight.

Marvin, who I respect as a man, always stretched himself thin when it came to money. He told me many time he would rather sleep in ops then get a hotel to save money. Marvin had to work a lot because of the high standard of living he wanted to maintain for his family.

There was no lack of conversation during the flight that suggests they were so tired to fly that it was quiet up front, in fact it was the amount of conversation that is a factor of the crash.

The main issue with 3407 is not fatigue, it is the fact that Marvin was not ready to be a 121 CA of that plane. Talk to people who have flown with him and people who have trained him and maybe you will feel a bit diferently
Yes, they made mistakes and ultimately were responsible for them.

However, your keen interest in blaming them for the situation alone when others also had a great deal of culpability, leads me to believe you may be Colgan management or a lackey therof.

To be fair and comprehensive, if you're going to be critical of the outcome, you should not only highlight the fault of the straws that broke the camels back (the pilots errors), but of those oh so willing to overlaod the camel in the first place in the name of maximum profit (Colgan Airlines and the FAA who repeatedly cowtows to these companies).