Old 07-27-2009, 02:38 PM
ugflyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008
Position: PIC

Originally Posted by The Juice View Post
A Captain who was not ready to be a Captain and an FO who was not ready to be an FO caused this crash.

If you are sick, you dont work. Colgan had a union at the time of the crash so I do not want to hear any of the "fear of retribution" stuff.

This was the first leg of the first day of trip so I do not see how duty or rest requirements have anything to do with 3407.

Marvin and Becca were simply complacent and not paying attention. As much as I think we need duty and fatigue issues addressed, lets not think that 3407 was anything other than two people not paying attention.
This will have to be the first time that I drink apple juice...no pun intended

The captain wasn't ready to be captain and neither was the fo ready to be in the right seat. But Colgan upgraded the captain and hired the fo anyway. Maybe Colgan should have been a little more observant who they were putting in those seats. My point here being the complacency of these individuals was tolerated by the company and 3407 was the result.
Now we all know that every accident is caused by a series of events. It just so happens that the last in the sequence of events is the one that hammers the last nail.
Marvin according to what you wrote overworked himself to sustain a lifestyle and Becca might have thought to herself how much smaller her pay check would be if she called in sick. Had the pay been better maybe that would have altered the outcome.........hindsight?
So you look at poor pay, complacency on both the Capt and FO, fatigue resulting from commuting among a host of other factors being contributing factors to 3407. I am no expert this is just my two cents.