View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 04:08 AM
smitty145
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by FlyingViking View Post
No, but that's just me. If it was up to me you would be paid by the years you where employed and not the equipment you where on. There is not a reason in the world you should make more $$$ on a 747 than what you do on a DC-9, other than what we (ALPA) created on our own. The training and responsibility is the same, so should the pay be. Unfortunately most of us believe that we should get paid more because of the fact that we make a higher revenue and profit. We are not trained, nor hired, to create profit or to fill up airplanes, we are hired to bring an aircraft from point A to point B by the safest and most efficient way possible. Bring my pay idea to the table and EVERYBODY would benefit, including the company's bottom line.
I agree about the pay by yos! Kinda like UPS. My point was not that last sentence, but rather to point out an arrogance that sent good paying Delta jobs to lower paying companies. Companies that produced all-stars like Lawson and the RJDC crowd!
My point is scope. It should read: All Delta flying will be done by pilots on the Delta Air Lines pilots' seniority list.