Thread: Ameriflight
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 03:25 AM
UCLAbruins
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: F/O- G-V/550

Originally Posted by mwf008 View Post
I got that email, too. What I meant was, how is everyone planning on finding rooms or apartments once they get to their base. I was just curious if anyone is going to be looking for roommates or if they already have their living situation (once finished with training) figured out. I requested Oakland, but would be happy with Portland, too. I have a friend already based in Oakland willing to split an apartment, but was just considering the alternative if I do get Portland. Does anyone have suggestions for good areas in either? My buddy already with Ameriflight suggested Alameda, CA. Any others? I'm moving from New Jersey, so I'm not at all familiar with either place.
Oakland is a hole, lots of crime, don't even think about living around there..its like Newark and KEWR airport, maybe not as bad, but if you're from NJ, you know what I'm talking about

San Francisco is very nice (my favorite place in the States), but expensive. That won't work unless you get a few roomates.. if you go south towards San Jose or north towards Santa Rosa, it starts to get a bit cheaper.... the Napa valley is georgus (to the NE)..

Bottom line, Oakland- sucks, and San Francisco- expensive... plan on driving at least 30-40 minutes

Last edited by UCLAbruins; 07-29-2009 at 05:32 PM.