Old 07-30-2009, 06:53 PM
Convairator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by AirWillie View Post
Dude that's like every entry level pilot, lawyer, doctor any career that has a big payoff down the road. I would help but I'm busy.

Really intelligent quote there AirWillie. Brilliant. Pilot, doctor, lawyer? Are you kidding me? Where is the big pilot payoff, please let me know? (and in your response, please dont say fedex or ups because all 25 thousand of us are going to work there!) Ask Captain Sullenberger, whom has been at USbearways for over 20 years and just breaks 100,000 where the big payoff is.

The average attorney has a starting salary of around 48,000, unless you are in the public sector as a public prosecutor or defender. Starting salary in private sector large scale firms in major metroplitan areas is over 100,000 right out of law school for a new associate. At a regional airline, your pay is 17,850, as was my first year regional pay . Average corporate learjet pay for a first year FO is 31,000 for an average corporation. Major airline, 29,000 first year, then the HUGE BUCKS. OMG

At top notch flight schools like ATP(sarcasm intended), you can go from zero to hero in 90 days. No undergraduate degree required. In the right economy, you can go right from there to a regional, with HUGE payoffs down the road lol. Law school = 4 years undergrad, 3 years law school, one year, low pay. Med school 4 years undergrad, 5 years med school, 2 years residency. Please dont compare doctors and lawyers to pilots. I am a pilot, and I would disagree with anybody whom says that it is hard.

Once you find that HUGE pilot payoff, let us know where it is, so we can all work there. Furthermore, please locate a medical school, or law school, that you get you into the court room or operating table in 90 days with a guaranteed interview. RANT OVER