Old 07-31-2009, 09:33 AM
AirTrucker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: hmmmm.....

Originally Posted by AirWillie View Post
Theoretically you will be able to get paid to fly at 18. Assuming you even make 20K, which you will make twice three times more, progressively you will have gained a lot more over time than some 33 yearold resident that just got out of school with MASSIVE debt. Yes you will make 45K or whatever as EMT but as a doctor or lawyer starting out it's about topping out. I have a second cousin who is a dentist, not a surgeon, and they do not make a lot of money starting out.
Yeah its not allot starting out, the debt is almost more as a physician vs. gaining all your flight ratings. I am looking at physicians assistant school...they have the same requirements but PA school is a heck of allot cheaper! Yes the pay is less then a physician....but still very good even starting out. Well I have debt from flying...got some of it paid before I started back to school. I guess what I should of said is that the managing your debt from school is easer on a physician starting out vs. a regional pilot starting out.