View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 11:17 AM
USMCFLYR
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: FAA 'Flight Check'

Originally Posted by Zoot Suit View Post
USMC,

Congrats on the new car. I also got a new car but since I have been buying a new car every 7 years I did not get taxpayer money to help buy mine.(no slight meant to you). This is just ANOTHER wealth redistribution program. If the program was canceled after one week because the gubernment couldn't plan ahead......

.......then what makes anyone think the gubernment(no matter who runs it) can run healthcare?
No slight taken.
I have no problem taking the tax incentive or the gov't incentive - whatever you want to call it. Something that the gov't finally does that help me out for $1,000! I'm all for it. As for it helping the environment, guess that will be a matter of opinion - especially on the big scale. I was in the market for a new car within 6 months probably. I certainly wouldn't have looked at the Subaru before. Even the Honda CRV and Toyota RAV4 I was looking at didn't meet the criteria and they didn't run as clean; so in my little part of the world - I got a car that had a 9 and 7 ratings for the environmental impact and that 170 hp V-4 uses less gas and the emissions are darn near nothing.
Works for me.....and as long as the dealers get their promised rebates from the gov't then I imagine it is helping them move inventory.
Btw - the cancelling after one week part; it is my understanding that the program has been a much greater success than they would have ever thought and, agreed, no one saw a BILLION dollars being used up in a weeks time. I hemmed and hawed thinking that I had weeks or months to make a decision.

USMCFLYR