View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 12:40 PM
FlyingViking
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007
Position: B-7ER JFK

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
It is something called laws. The reason that DAL lets these girls fly is money. Simply put, if they did something that would disqualify them, it would have to be something physical. If that happened, then they will drain DAL sitting at home with their cats collecting disability.
The threat of them going out on medical en mass is a real issue. Disability for 4000 FA's would cost DAL a ton.

That in a nut shell is why DAL lets them fly till they die.
I can see the reasoning here but I also have to agree with the safety issue others brought up. If a FA can't make it through an emergency situation due to their medical or physical condition, how can DAL be responsible for their finances? I really have no problem with their age, but the size 28 (in a red dress or not) is a nightmare for the pax, the rest of the crew, and the company. Not to mention the lawsuit in (god forbid we have one) a real emergency where a FA got stuck in the emergency exit. If one take all considerations into the equation, the fact might be that it will be cheaper to lay them off until they again are able to perform the duties they were hired for in the first place???