View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 06:16 AM
FAULTPUSH
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008

With regards to Lynx, I think that an "equitable" merger with Southwest would place them at the bottom, based on career expectation. I think that Bond-McCaskill protects all employees, union or otherwise, as long as they are covered the the RLA. Here's the bill, on the left side of the page. Swelblog / Swelbar on Airlines - Articles - F + E = LPP^DL: Fairness and Equity; Seniority Integration; Union Representation; and Lee MoakAgain It looks like the F9 pilots MIGHT agree to contract changes that would allow themselves to be stapled if they felt like that was a better option than being bought by RAH. Right now I'd say that the F9 pilots would prefer to be acquired by Republic and continue to operate as Frontier than to be stapled. After all, F9 has lower costs ex-fuel, and vastly higher customer loyalty in Denver. But, if it came to a DOH merger, I think most Frontier pilots would prefer the WN option. A percentage merger would be a no-brainer, but that ain't happening. Given that RAH has a 40% vote on the outcome of the bid, and FAPA has what I believe is the second largest vote in the matter, I think that this may all hinge on the pilots at F9. Perhaps WN might come up with some sweetener to persuade the F9 pilots to accept a staple job, but I can't think of one short of a VERY large signing bonus.

Last edited by FAULTPUSH; 08-01-2009 at 07:10 AM.