View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Edwin
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jul 2009

As a Midwest pilot, I all ready know my future. Right now, there is none. Republic has come in, taken our jobs that our former CEO gave them, and they did so and continue to do so with a smile on their face. There has been not one date mentioned about training on a new aircraft even though the last 717 will be gone by Christmas. Now I am told I am "owned by Republic". I did not apply with them, I did not ask them to take me. The last thing I expected was to have to go back to the commuters. So you see my fellow Frontier pilots, you could be in my shoes. You could have your career cheapen and your airline and flying experience cheapen to that of the lowest in the industry. That is what our fate holds for us. As for you, you have a chance to work for the most successful airline in the world. I would rather have that chance, than to know I will probably have to spend the rest of my career as part of the problem rather than the solution. I wish all of the pilot group of Frontier well. I have ridden on you numeours times over the years and you have always treated me great. I have talked to you in the hotels around the system and partied with some of you during the holidays. You are good people and like the pilot group of Midwest, you do not deserve to have your lives become part of a "bidding battle". But however this thing turns out, the pilots of Midwest are behind you. We wish you all the best.