View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 12:59 PM
tpmagee
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: A nice comfy Boeing seat.

I've read this thread with considerable interest. It's always amazing how situations like this get everyone all riled up. I know, I've been there; I am currently unemployed and am swimming in the SWA pool. So I guess I have somewhat of a vested interest in all this.

A few things to add into the thought process:

Gary will make an offer to the FNT pilot group but it won't be the great deal they'd like to get. Remember SWAPA just voted down a TA and I don't think Gary wants to alienate the "NO" voters any further with a FAPA agreement. Thus SWAPA will have a great deal to say here.

Bedford may be on the FNT board BUT this is a BK auction and the judge will make the final decision based on which deal is best for creditors NOT BB and the Board nor the employees.

Allegheny-Mohawk has been around since 1972 (or there abouts) but was only recently strengthened as a tag along on an FAA reauthorization bill. Smart lawyers can and will find a way around it if needed. In fact it seems that is already in process as Gary wants union agreements as part of the deal.

What I say doesn't mean sh1te, nor what anyone else on APC or FI says either for that matter. SWA is a shrewd Company and will craft a deal that is in the best interest of the Company -- and thus (indirectly) its own SWA people too. In a perfect world the SWAPA pilots get back into a growth mode (upgrades, etc), the FNT pilots all get on at SWA, and the poolies all get a class in the next 6 months. Unfortunately we all know there isn't a perfect world out there in the aviation business