View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 01:05 PM
DaveP2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2006
Position: C-17 Sim Pilot Inst

Originally Posted by Razor View Post
The best part of the video is the "For Official Use Only" slide at the end. The video is, "privileged, limited use, safety information" and should never have posted on the net.

I guess whomever posted the video knows better than the AF leadership...
Actually, according to the Judge Advocate at the USAF Safety Center, the release of that video was (and still is) illegal, especially the versions that have the CVR recording. Unfortunately, there is no way to track down the original "offender" and now the damage has been done.

The aircrew will suffer NO repercussions as a result of the AF Safety Investigation, the Supreme Court has upheld case history to the effect that whatever a crew member reveals during the course of a Safety investigation is priviledged material and not releaseable to the public or to agencies outside of the AF "Safety World." (this is similar to an NTSB investigation)

The Accident Investigation is where they "read you your rights" and crews can be grounded/disciplined based on what is revealed, but the AIB (Accident Invest. Board) has to do their own "legwork." (much like the FAA investigating for possible violations, etc)

Dave.

P.S. I was an accident investigator/safety officer for the AF before I retired. If there are any questions, please ask and I'll tell what I can.