View Single Post
Old 10-01-2006, 02:12 PM
TankerBob
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: KC-135T

Well actually there are TFRs that are around Nuc Plants. IF you go to faa.gov and then go to graphical TFRs they may be there. Search around the website and you will find a graphical depiction of TFRs all over the country. If has been my experience the HLS and TSA dont comunicate with FSS's and therefore they do not know about some of the TFRs also, those TFRs have been around awhile, since 2001 and they are not going anywhere. When you call, you are already expected to know those long term TFRs. For example if you flew up around DC they arent going to tell you not to fly over the White House you are expected to know that already and not fly over it.
Now with all that said those TFRs have altitude resistrictions. The ones around power plants are not surface to unlimited they stop at a particular altitdue. If you bust those alt, then you busted the TFR.
I think this is all really stupid if you ask me! In Nov 2001 they put these around power plants and my plane was stuck in Harrisburg (Three Mile Island) for a week because only part 135 and 121 operations were allowed to leave. No GA!!! BS!!!! anyways they need to realize that these plants have 6ft of concrete around them and a freaking 210 or 172 is NOT going to do any damage!!!!
But we have to live with this now. So look at faa.gov they all kinds of TFR stuff on their. I would look at that before every flight. I have to before I go fly my Air Force jet, and if I have to do that in an Air Force jet cause I can get in trouble, then I would recommend that you do it too in your civi plane. sucks!