View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:58 PM
flyguy23
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007

Originally Posted by Herkulesdrvr View Post
Dont take this the wrong way but if this is an acquisition, wouldn't Frontier guys automatically get stapled to the bottom of the list? Also, I don't see how the most junior guy at SWA who bought a type rating could possibly be bumped in seniority. Don't get me wrong Frontier is a great place but without SWA they probably would end up with Republic. I guess you have to go with the better company in SWA even if it means having a job.

You may be surprised to hear, there are many F9 pilots who would prefer to go with Republic. There is a solid chance their jobs will remain intact with republic. People are crying about pay cuts, but Republic does not have a payscale for the airbus and the F9 rates would be maintained. The airbus will not be traded for 190s like many speculate. They serve markets the 190 would not do as well in. The potential is there for growth if you go with republic. The potential is there for a furlough at southwest, and given swa is already overstaffed, im guessing it won't fair well for most F9 guys/gals. However, if F9 gets a fair integration by their standards with swa, they'd be crazy not to take it.