Old 08-04-2009, 09:11 AM
Convairator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Originally Posted by sukhoikid View Post
this thread scares me. but I have heard it both ways. I am more looking into the corporate field. I have some connections thank god.

I would highly discourage you from coming up through this industry right out of the gate and saying 'I'll be fine, I have connections'. I had connections too, but their entire corporate flight department was liquidated. My airline connections certainly dont have much pull as far as being 'connections'.

Not trying to disuade you from the career path. For some people, it can be fun and rewarding. I have seen some that were in the right place in the right time, and moved up the food chain very quickly. Such as a few 24 or 25 year olds that are now in 737's. It is possible, however, unlikely. Plan on paying your dues, and paying them for a long time.

And last of all, you must realize this. Over 50% of daily US departures are now regional airline flights. This number will grow to over 65% in the coming years as regional aircraft get larger. That means the majority entering the industry will never make it to a major airline because the market will be very bottom heavy.