View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 05:19 AM
thrustsetrj200
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by Justdoinmyjob View Post
And this is where the breakdown is. Most DCI employees view themselves as members of the "Delta Family," whereas most Delta employees view the DCI employees as contractors and not part of the family. Not saying it's right, or trying to start an "us/them" fight, just pointing out the discontinuity. Unfortunately, you won't get much support from mainline employees on this.
I'm not looking for sympathy from mainline. I know the wholly owned carriers are the LAST thing on your guys' minds. I think it's unfortunate. We ARE a part of the Delta Family. Most of you mainline guys were here at one point. You know what it's like feel like the poop on the bottom of delta's shoe. Every time I talk to a Delta mainline jumpseater in our cockpit they never had a clue as to what's going on at the wholly owned. I don't blame you. I would block out horrible regional memories too if I were you.
However, I don't think that's right. The wholly owned are NOT contractors. Pinnacle, RAH, Mesa, Skywest, ASA, etc are contractors and can't call themselves part of the fam.
I know most, if not ALL, of the mainline guys are very happy to hear the regionals are shrinking. They want the flying back. I think it sucks we have to "compete" against each other. It shouldn't be like that. I think it sucks that pilots, especially within the same airline family, have to bicker back an forth. I think it sucks that mainline guys hope for regional route reductions and can be so oblivious that their own brothers in the family are being furloughed and not even know about it!!. Essentially that's what happens when shrinkage occures. It's hard not to take it personally.
This past trip we carried 5 different mainline Delta pilots in the JS and not ONE knew we were furloughing 110 guys.