View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Sanchez
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: ERJ Right Seat
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Brown Dog View Post
I hate to break it to you guys but once you're on with a major knowone cares if you flew for Mesa, Go Jets, Colgan etc. Most of the guys won't know what the hell you're talking about anyway because they're ex-military. Unless you flew an F-18 off the Ike in the Med they're not interested.

People DO remember the guy who hosed them out of the jumpseat and/or treated them like crap. Most airlines post the names of those interviewing and allow you to register your comments. Aviation is a small community. Your F/O now could easily be your chief pilot in 10-20 years. Be careful!

Brown Dog
Any regional, sure no problem. BlowJets, Freedom A...you wanna bet? Two guys no names ofcourse, from one of the above, they've been turned down by CAL, FedEx, JetBlue, Airtran, and ofcourse SWA. One of them I think went corporate, the other still there. And just in case you're wondering, both had double the amount of PIC required at most majors, both were on the list....you make of it what you want, but I would never chance it.