View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 05:06 PM
FighterHayabusa
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 150 left seat if I'm lucky

Originally Posted by jungle View Post
there is however a large stack of IOUs, which may or may not be worth anything. It started with the promise to never take more than 3%, but is now, with additions near 14.7% of pay. Again with no firm promise of any return EVER.
Ah yes. I remember when Bush walked into the Social Security vaults and declared the bonds "worthless pieces of paper". That's when he won over the hearts and minds of the American People for his Social Security reform... er ...

I don't know what kind of super sleuthing you think you had to do to find that inter-governmental debt is not accounted for when deficit numbers are reported (no, Clinton did not really have a surplus), but it is actually public record so you've wasted your time. Your problem is with political spin, not a Madoff style rip off. The information is available for everyone to see, yet we never vote the bums out for "juking the stats". Iraq war funding was also not included in deficit reports. This is another reason why I'm a single issue voter at this point - term limits, baby.