View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 08:21 PM
jungle
With The Resistance

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Burning the Agitprop of the Apparat

Originally Posted by FighterHayabusa View Post
So let's get this straight, we elect an official that raises the social security tax from 3% to 15% and various other things that for the sake of argument are gross mismanagement. All of these things they do right in front of our noses. This is exactly equal to private citizen Ponzi saying he has a wonderful investment, the old investors are paid not by the returns they think they are getting, but by money from the new investors, and in reality it's just Ponzi spending it on luxury goods for himself? I'm sorry, sounds like a reach. The onus is not on me to look back to the past if you're trying to prove this claim, so you may as well enlighten me.
I'm sorry, you are correct, it's a great program and the mountain of debt built up by this and other programs is exactly what we deserve. We should be thankful that we can spend more of our time working to fund such things.
After all, what else would we do with our time? Surely others know best what we should do and be, it isn't a ponzi scheme, just a well run responsible way to make us all better.