View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 08:04 AM
aewanabe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008
Position: Blue fifi flogger

Nevets: Although in theory a pilot COULD negotiate an individual PEA, I've never heard of that. We have a group called the Pilot Values Committee that supposedly "collaborates" with management, they're rather like an MEC with no actual authority. There are some good dudes there but without a CBA they're ****ing in the wind, IMHO.

PEA amendments have been issued twice in the 2 years I've been here, both with modest increases to E190 pay and an occasional pittance for the bus bubbas.

Rather be off work, RAH rates for the E175/E190 don't even come close to our current rates, in either seat, let alone the proposed ones. I made more the first year here as a 190 FO than any RAH FO will EVER make, and I consider myself seriously underpaid. I agree our management is holding out as long as possible; personally I'm starting to wonder if 3-engine taxi and take-offs aren't the best safety option, especially with the known glitches in the E-Jet fleet.....

Based on past history I'd be pleasantly surprised if RAH met our CURRENT 190 rates, let alone the proposed ones. I'm holding out hope for them; they deserve to make every bit as much as we do; proving that to BB and WH is gonna be a ****er though.

Last edited by aewanabe; 08-07-2009 at 08:06 AM. Reason: more on pay