View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 11:48 AM
FlyinPiker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by Sink r8 View Post
Piker,

If I understand correctly, Delta can't indiscriminately add more 76-seaters in the system. The 76-seaters they have already are currently used elsewhere. So even if we assume that all of this LGA flying is 76-seat RJ's, then you have to conclude that many, if not all of the markets currently served by 76-seaters need a replacement aircraft (since they were important enough to see the use of a limited number of 76-seaters).

The only options, with 76-seat aircraft being limited, then is to a) downgrade, or b) upgrade. If those markets deserved two-class service yesterday, it seems that it would be a poor move to field 50-seat or single-class 70-seat aircraft to replace them today. I would think one way or another, this helps DC-9 flying, and all narrow-body flying. In LGA, or elsewhere.

So, I'm optimistic as well. Optimistic for mainline.
I agree 100%. While we replace the 50 seat flying that is being done today down in ATL and elsewhere, these aircraft can be used to go develop us some more mainline routes (it sounds like some will get mainline service from the beginning, I agree)...with any luck it might be their last missions before they are sent to the boneyard.