Thread: FedEx TA Voting Poll

Coffee Bitch , 10-03-2006 11:59 AM
Line Holder
Coffee Bitch
Line Holder
close
  • Joined APC
    Mar 2006
YGTBSM? It never ceases to amaze me how self-proclaimed "Intelligent" people can be taken advantage of time after time. All FedEx pilots need to read the FedEx Purple Promise history posted on the ALPA website. Counting cash layouts, FedEx netted almost $5B last year, executive "bonuses", not salaries, exceded the entire pilot work force's salary. And, you voted yes to: 18% pay raise over 6.5 years, work rules that start 3+ years after the amendable date, a "signing bonus" equal to 55% of what you have lost since the amendable date (9% yr one, 3% yr two, payble at the 2.5 yr and 3.5 yr point), you lose 1 vacation day for every 14 days you have (do the math @ 6 hrs/dy vac credit and 6.4 hr/day trip drop). A 1% increase to your industry lowest B-fund (starts @ the 3.5 yr point past the amendable date), jeez I could go on. The Wall Street Journal said it all: FDX 2007 projected earnings per diluted share are $7.45, impact of the TA for FY2007 per diluted share $0.30. I am glad to be at FedEx, we have the best contract (after industry sodimization), our profits are 3 times + that of the most ever recorded by an airline.......and at the end of this TA, Nov 2010, an Airbus 380 15 yr captain will make the same as a 1997 United 747 Capt during the ESOP, not Contract 2000 (i.e. 25% pay cut). Like I said, YGTBSM?