View Single Post
Old 08-15-2009, 03:54 PM
Convairator
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2009

That is a great question. I am glad there are people smart enough to realize that there are other operators than those only listed on APC. Many on this forum just scan airline websites, then groan that there are NO jobs. If you want a job, figure out where you want to work, go to the specific airports website, then find the opeators on that field, you will find alot more than you think.

I once got a flying job by simply printing out resumes and letters of recomendation, then driving around a local airport and dropping them off at local flight departments (corporate and charter). You would be surprised sometimes, a positive attitude, a clean appearance (wear slacks and a dress shirt when dropping off your resume, meet the employees) and you may receive a phone call from were you least expected it.

Small flight departments want to hire somebody LOCAL!!! If you live in Utah and email a resume to a small department in Michigan, they probably are not interested, i know this first hand. Start out local!