View Single Post
Old 10-04-2006, 10:41 AM
ryane946
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: FO, looking left

Originally Posted by Skygirl View Post
Makes ya wonder about the people who voted for him the second time around. Puts a whole new meaning into the "fool me once, fool me twice" phrase.
I don't think that the republicans really won the race in 2004. I think it was more that the democrats LOST IT! No president should ever have been reelected despite a losing war, a sagging economy, skyrocketing energy prices, and the rest of the trouble this country was in during 2004.

The democrats could have won with just about any candidate. They could have won with Lieberman. They could have won with Ghephart (sp?). They probably could have won with Hillary. But the democrats were STUPID and they selected the most liberal member of the senate, John Kerry. Anyone else. Anyone else that was just slightly more towards the center would have won for the democrats.

I am a registered democrat. I voted for Lieberman in the primary. I didn't vote in the main election, but if forced, I probably would have voted for Bush. And I don't think I would have regretted that even today. Why John Kerry???????

There are always going to be hardcore democrats who vote for democrats.
There are always going to be hardcore republicans who vote for republicans.
It is getting the people in the middle that wins you elections.

The democrats alienated theirselves by picking the MOST LIBERAL member of the senate with a wild voting record, and they lost. In my mind, the democrats LOST the election in 2004. The republicans did not WIN it. The democrats LOST IT!

Last edited by ryane946; 10-04-2006 at 10:43 AM. Reason: More info