View Single Post
Old 08-25-2009, 04:19 PM
Superpilot92
Underboob King

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Guppy Commander

Originally Posted by whaledriver1 View Post
I always thought the pilot discount was just for FFDO H&K USP .40, what type of coin did the G27 set you back? I own a G27 and have never had a problem, great gun. Did you try using different types of ammo?
There is also a "pilot program" with glock, Cost me $398 new, which is a great deal. I used a couple different ammo types and it made no difference and it even jammed when using my Glock 23 clips. I dont know if it has a defect or what but for a glock to act like that is unheard of and i know it. My glock 23 has never caused me a single problem and I've had it longer and fired more rounds through it than the 27. Its brand new and i've only taken it to the range twice and i had problems both times which is why i sent it back to them. It has a build date of 4/29/09 and its only had about 200 rounds put through it so far (9 out of 50 jammed this weekend ).

Glock was very helpful over the phone and said send it in and we'll fix it or get you a new one. They said they were going to throw in a couple more clips in when it gets sent back for my inconvenience and because i had to pay to ship it back. I'm looking forward to getting it back and taking it out shooting again, I really think its a fluke and am really happy with the size of 27 for a carry weapon. we'll see

The pilot discount is around $150 cheaper than retail. A Gun store near me wanted $550 for a G27, so i was more than happy to get it for $398