View Single Post
Old 10-06-2006, 08:57 PM
WhiteH2O
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Sitting down and facing front. Why would you want to know that?

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
If you go through all that and get burned out as a Big Sky captain in 3 years you'll end up applying to those same big regionals that you could have done as a 1200 hour CFI...
True, however, I will be able to apply to any regional and have a fair chance at getting hired. I will also have to work fewer years at the better regional before I go after a major job. After a few years as a CFI I will have total time, but my multi will still be lacking. Also, I will make more as a regional pilot than as a CFI. If I have enough time for a 135 operation, I would rather go into a regional. It seems like an unnecisary step to me.

I guess I am trying to look long term. What route will get me to where I want to be the fastest. Maybe that is the wrong way to look at it? It seems that I could go to a lesser regional, then go to a better regional for a while after that to build the time for a major, and it would be better than instructing for another few years (while paying for more multi time, very few multi students around here) and then just barely having mins for the better regionals.

Anyone who went into a regional with low time and would have instructed longer if they were able to do it again?