Old 11-11-2005, 12:45 PM
ADIRU

AA Pre-TWA Fleet Count (2000 annual report)=717 aircraft

AA Present Fleet Count (2004 annual report)= 727 aircraft

The 2004 number does not count the 6 S-80's they parked in AUG/SEP of '05, giving us an approximate current fleet count of 721.

A roster check from AAPilots (3XP data) today shows approx. 518 STL/TWA pilots still on the property (approx. 5% of the total active seniority list), with the current fleet count within approx. 1% of its pre-TWA acquisition size (when the total number of TWA pilots was zero).

In summary, AA is within 1% of its pre-acquisition size, with approximately 5% of its pilot roster containing the pilots gained thru the transaction (consisting of approx. 15-20% of the acquired carrier's total seniority list of around 2500-3000.)

Even w/i ALPA and even with a stated Merger and Fragmentation policy such as they have, mergers are an ugly, ugly business...witness the growing apparent USAIR/CACTUS fracas. When the music stops and there aren't enough chairs....the knife fight starts.

I'm sure I'm not the first and probably won't be the last to wish the geniuses running airlines would find another, less disruptive expansion avenue.

FWIW.

Last edited by ADIRU; 11-11-2005 at 06:15 PM.