View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 PM
Splanky
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: Moving backwards

Health care professionals are concerned with the next outbreak of swine flu. Apparently they are worried about it following a similar pattern as the Spanish influenza in the early part of the 1900s where the first round had very low mortality but then during the next flu season it had an extremely high mortality rate. Much smarter people in my family than myself that work as health care professionals said it has something to do with propagation of diseases and the slight mutations they pick up along the way.

But it is more likely during the upcoming flu season it will be the same very low mortality rate and yes, the press will sensationalize the story for ratings.

I do hope the press continues to crawl these message boards as it means some are at least partially looking into their stories before writing. And there are a few things that can be gleamed from our bickering. I have found it very difficult, though, to hold my tongue and not tell them to **** off; especially after the Colgan accident.

Last edited by Splanky; 09-01-2009 at 08:11 PM.