View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 07:28 AM
vagabond
Administrator

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: C-172

Thank you Jerome for your feedback. This forum was (and still is) intended for professional airline pilots, but the founders saw it fit to include aviation enthusiasts and others. For example, I am a flight student and a lawyer, and I have been welcomed here.

The "problem" is that there have been so many 14 year olds join the forums and post things like "Hi, I'm 14 years old and I want to be an airline pilot when I grow up. Should I go to ERAU?" Then we get the people barely out of their teens who want to join the Air Force so they can learn to fly on taxpayers' money. We've also had a lot of conspiracy theorists, trolls, media, anti-unionists, spammers, and what seems like everyone else out there causing all kinds of problems.

Your question about swine flu was reasonable, but as some pointed out, your credibility was shot out of the sky by your poor grammar and spelling. You indicate that you are "a (sic) Aviation Journalist" then come back later to say you are a College Student after all. So you ought not be surprised by the "negativity" you see here. This is a brutal industry and a thick skin developed over time is a good thing.