View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 06:04 PM
satchip
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: Flying the SEC

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
Satchip... Alabama vs. VaTech at the Georgia Dome on Saturday night at 8pm... but you know what else is going on in Atlanta from Friday-Monday!? DRAGONCON!

Let me tell you I was doing a JFK ER trip last year during dragoncon and we stayed at the marriot on a relatively short overnight. My wife came down to meet me at the hotel but neither of us knew the Marriot was hosting a part of this festival of "characters", albeit very kind "characters". I knew something wasn't right when a fairy walked in front of the van. My Captain and I were stunned with what we saw in the lobby. Two amazon chicks thought we'd dressed up as airline pilots then their friend said, no I think they're real. Seriously, I'm 6'5" and I was looking them eye to eye. It was easy to find my wife though, she was one of the few females.
The first time I stayed at the Marriott on a rotation there was a home based sex toy business convention going on. I can only imagine the costumes that were worn in the private rooms. I hid in mine.