View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 10:32 AM
bervin
On Reserve

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
I had a couple of bad experiences there. They treat you with disrespect and I had several issues with their mx dep. They always had a couple of NAPA autoparts boxes in the office. It's probably different now but they had the least experienced CFI's of any school I have seen. The reason is that their instructors only get paid for flight time and at a rate of $10 an hour. Mind you, you still get charged for gnd. The result is that you have lots of brand new JAA guys doing the instruction since they have no other option for immigration reasons. They have a joint operation with EFT next door who uses their planes.

I cannot reccomend Ari Ben, spend the extra money on something better. How about Flight Safety?

Wow, $10 an hour. How longs it been since you were there?

I am a current student a Aviator, the Instructors make $20 for flight training. The only ground I've been charged for was the Instrument ground class and the instructor was paid for that.

Maintenance is very good here from my prospective, I know it's a foreign concept to some, but airplanes do break, and airplanes involved in training environment are used and abused more than most. That being said, the mechs here do a great job of keeping airplanes up and running. I've yet to see a NAPA box anywhere in the maintenance hanger.

For the money, Aviator is the best deal anywhere. All your multi time is logged in a real airplane, not a simulator. ATP uses the simulator anywhere its legal to use it. I'm not against sim based training, but when you pay 10K plus more for a program you'd expect more actual flight time.

EFT has its own instructors, all the instructors on the Aviator side are FAA certified instructors, including those that are not US citizens.