View Single Post
Old 10-09-2006, 05:24 AM
WEACLRS
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: 737/FO

Originally Posted by rickair7777 View Post
...dual received is another category that actually means "flight time in an actual airplane". Sim time is NOT "dual recieved", it is logged only as sim...the presence of the instructor is automatically presumed with any sim time.

I found this out the hard way, and had to re-calculate my logbook..
Hi Rick - You can log "training time" (dual received) in a simulator (as long as it's from an authorized instructor). Part 61.1(b)(15) Training time means training received - (i) In flight from an authorized instructor; (ii) On the ground from an authorized instructor; or (iii) In a flight simulator or flight training device from an authorized instructor. It's also part of the FAA's definition of "Pilot Time". Also 61.51(h)(1) Logging training time states - A person may log training time when a person receives training from an authorized instructor in an aircraft, flight simulator, or flight training device.

Like "total time", to my knowledge there is no definition for "dual received" in part 1.1 or 61.1. The definitions of flight training, ground training, instrument training, and training time, and also partially pilot time make up what we call "dual received."

Last edited by WEACLRS; 10-09-2006 at 05:33 AM.