View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 02:45 PM
BdubNYC
On Reserve

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: Bachelors Degree
Default FBO, Academy advice

Hi everyone,

Ok - so I'm interested in going to flight school to get my ratings. I have been researching this forum and really can't figure out what to do. I have seen many arguments that make clean cases for fast track academy and local FBO's. My understanding of a fast track program that is a positive component - is that it's a completely immersed training program. You are flying every day, and when you're not flying - you're studying. This seems like a good way to train. Another positive aspect to the academies is that you can finance the program. I just don't have $45,000 laying around, and when I finish my Bachelors this year - I really won't have the funds to put forward to an FBO out-right. Are there anyways to get financing to ratings at an FBO?

I am looking at ATP at KLZU (Gwinette County, GA), does anyone have anything to say about this LOCATION. I understand some people hate ATP, or the fast track programs. Further more - does anyone know of an FBO that is in the same area that I could also look into? Anywhere around Atlanta really.

I just need to cover my bases before I commit to ATP and I want to make sure it the best possible decision.

Thanks everyone.
Regards