Old 10-09-2006, 01:31 PM
pilot754
Banned

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: FO
Default Making a Personal Statement @ Regional Interviw

Any thoughts would making a personal statement at begining of an interview after shaking hands be a good idea or harmful? Your thoughts are most appreciated? Majors or Corporate people only: I am twenty-four years old. 1285TT and 125 MEL

Why CommutAir:

From a geographer’s standpoint, your website encapsulates my very thoughts perfectly: “Based in the beautiful Lake Champlain Valley between New York's Northern Adirondacks and Vermont's Green Mountains, CommutAir provides scheduled air transportation to 24 cities in 8 States”.

Geospatially speaking, the location of your company and routes are both very picturesque and different from Los Angeles, CA!

Furthermore, you fly B1900D’s, a turbo-prop which would make for a nice transition into a Part 121 carrier from General Aviation. It would be a great learning experience and stepping stone.

CommutAir has stability within the company and job security. As far as I know, you are not seeking to take over the regional market. In addition, your company will be receiving Q200’s-Dash 8’s in early 2007. My understanding is that it will be replacing the B1900s and based at CLE.

On a final note, I want to work for a company that sends an applicant positive space travel pass, and picks up hotel room and tax, demonstrating care of its employees.

Also: How do you rate yourself as a pilot and why? What could you do better?