Thread: PBS Frontline
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Phrog Phlyer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Originally Posted by FlyJSH View Post
Are YOU are one of those pilots who are unwilling to risk your job to try to improve things? If so, don't whine about how nobody is willing to fix things for YOU, because YOU are part of the problem.

It's unfortunate that the FAA runs on tombstone regulation, but right now, we have a chance to have a voice if WE have the 'stones. I have contacted Mr. O'brien (have not heard back yet), but I AM willing to make a statement.

This boat we are all in is called Aviation, and it's taking on water. Grab a bucket and bail, or else don't be surprised when you drown!
Well said and agreed. I would advise anyone who talks to avoid personal attacks such as CEO Chokesondik won't be happy until a plane full of passengers are killed or even naming the airline such as I work for the industry's most dangerous airline; Flybynite Airways nicknamed "F'n'A". '

My humble advise is to look around the industry, and focus on what regs or system problem need to be changed in order to produce a safer product such as changes in the FT/DT rules and better pay. Explain the time and expense of training coupled with the fact we're all one medical away from being unemployed without even a kiss goodbye.