Old 09-21-2009, 10:51 AM
LifeNtheFstLne
Recommend Retention

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Bigfoot

Originally Posted by esa17 View Post
I see. It's ok because it was done to you, got it. How does that sit with your union brethren? You probably should bring this up at the next meeting and or vote. Management doesn't take advantage of pilots, "it's just business".

Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks but no thanks. I'll continue to get paid for my multi time. Hopefully everyone else who reads this has enough self-esteem act accordingly.
You look at it as being taken advantage of. Others look at it as an opportunity that they might not have otherwise had, or would have had to wait much longer for. If you're a career CFI, good for you. I think it's too bad that CFI's are not typically paid enough to create that type of experience base, and that it has been turned into a stepping stone most of the time. You and I both know there are tons of people straight out of the pilot mills that will pay to fly anything - as evidenced by the airlines you referenced. Did I do that? Nope. But that doesn't make it wrong for me to save myself $1,000 on someone who is chasing that dream. When the mythological pilot shortage rears its head, this will no longer be a factor. Try belonging to a union before you attempt to educate me on the topic. B-scales exist for a reason. In case you hadn't heard, we eat our young.