View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Bucking Bar
Can't abide NAI

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Douglas Aerospace post production Flight Test & Work Around Engineering bulletin dissembler

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
It is an option I am sure they will be considering. The economics of the CS-100 are close to that of a CRJ900, so maybe the 300. We shall see.
I did a bunch of math to claim you were wrong and in fact, what you wrote is correct.

Kind of like the 757-200. I don't know who would order the -100 version of the thing, unless they needed a "special performance" version, which Bombardier is offering. Of course the -130 has much longer range and a much larger cabin than the CRJ derivative.

Jets have a two year lead time, so if we are thinking of taking delivery in the 2012 to 2013 time frame, then it is the right time to place orders.

During this election season there is a lot of tough talk on scope. At the same time Delta could sure use a few more large RJ's to use as an inducement to DCI operators to open contracts and park 50 seaters. As ACL65 points out, the operational costs are similar to our prospective new jets (and cheaper than our old outdated mainline equipment). Add to the mix the cash that SkyWest and Republic have to "invest" in new "Delta" equipment and the fact that our MEC is denying knowledge of any "new orders" .. .. well, I'll just say that no mainline orders are bad news.

I still wish we were working on capturing the E175 and not working on divesting their pilots from our representative body.

I fear this fight is going to again be brought to our doorstep.

Folks please attend and participate in the election process in your Local Councils. It is important to elect someone who will represent your interests.

Last edited by Bucking Bar; 09-23-2009 at 08:05 PM.