View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 10:41 PM
vicman
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jun 2005
Default Interesting

FYI, that seems to be a popular trend! My Background investigator told me that there have been a number of pilots (among other professionals) that have or are going through the hiring process.

I know of former airline pilots who turned in their wings for a badge. They ALL MISS flying, and acknowledge that the police career (take into consideration face time with the family, benefits, esp retirement) is superior to what the airlines will offer.

I for one will say that with law enforcement, comes a huge price tag. The job is FUN, and Exciting (like your rookie years as a pilot), but comes with a tremendous amount of BS, politics, danger, and not to mention the countless contacts and cases that will make you think the world is filled with "winners".

It's very stressful, because your always thinking about liability, and names and faces, and court, etc....it's un like the airlines where the biggest stress from most stems from their commute! (I say that tongue in cheek of course).

The grass always seems to be greener on the other side! On that note there are also a number of cops who have become airline pilots and are doing ok, I think.

It takes a certain personality to be a cop. I'd advise you to do ride with the officers as often as you can.

Go try out, you might really enjoy and be and excellent officer.

I really have alot more to say about this, but I'll keep it general for the sake of everyone else.

PM if you wish.

TC