View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:10 AM
NWA320pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: 737 Capt

Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
I too understand this. It is, and always has been, a fact of airline life. I was not trying to demean any one individual, just trying to open some eyes. WAY back when I was a junior guy, there was a choice to be made, do we take a pay cut, or allow the company to furlough some of the bottom guys. I flew with a LOT of CA's who said "screw 'em, just don't cut my pay". It's easy to say, "just because I fly a few extra hours each month, no harm can come of it". Unfortunately, A FEW EXTRA HOURS X 12,400 translates into no flying for the bottom guys.
Please understand that I personally am not affected by these decisions, I'm only trying to help the guys that are affected.
My last post on this matter.
This is a true statement! Our own union said for years high time doesn't effect staffing...... Well guess what, I am friends with one of the previous communication officers and he was asked to write an article stating this. He said bring me the supporting data so I can write it. Ends up he wouldn't write the article as the data didn't support the claim. Sometimes we as pilots are our own worst enemies!
th