View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 09:58 AM
CAPTAINPCL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008
Position: MSP CA

Originally Posted by nicholasblonde View Post
I for one nominate The DTW Captain Rep who voted no...it would seem he would be a good candidate for MEC chair--he has experience on the MEC, yet he voted in the interest of his pilots.

A No vote on a TA is no less than a vote of "no confidence" in the NC and the MEC members who voted Yes...no more and no less...
Your kidding right? This guy is the most arrogant person I've ever met. I think we need to keep the level headed SE in the MEC chair, just get some new blood on the NC. By the way, SE was not happy with this TA.

Trust me, I'm happy this TA got voted down, I for one was a swing voter, one day I would be voting YES, then other days I would be voting NO. I voted NO last night at about 10pm, I just couldn't sell half the pilot group out. Also, I truly believe management was just throwing a little money at us to see if we would bite. Now, just because it got voted down, I don't think we 9E pilots need to make any irrational dicisions i.e. voting in CS from DTW.

Some things that need to change to get me to vote Yes.

1.) Cola
2.) Min Pay Per Day
3.) Min 12 days off Line holders/Reserves
4.) Vaction Slide/Buffer days
5.) Better definations

I know that getting all these is a pipe dream and 9E management will never offer COLA, I'm willing to vote yes if I can just get 4 of the 5..