View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:30 PM
slowplay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Surprised no one else has bought this up yet...

Some really good guys got nominated to run for C44 Rep positions today. Congratulations to those selected. Even those who did not win were terrific people and most pilots in attendance found it difficult to chose amongst very competitive candidates. It was a tough choice.

It is my hope that all who ran for a nomination are willing to serve in other capacities too. It's good to see the quality of people that step up for our association!
I am in complete agreement.

The good friends of ACL and Brakechatter spoke well. I had two disappointments in the process. One (personal) is that one of the more qualified guys (imo) failed to make the ballot. Instead, a rather mercurial chest pounder (who didn't present himself that way today) got the nod. It's all part of the democratic process for our union. The second is the low percentage of voters engaged in that democratic process. I don't remember the final numbers, but I'd be surprised if a quarter of the eligible pilots voted.

Still, 44 has a good slate of people from which to choose. We're fortunate that folks are continually willing to step up, take the slings and arrows, and do the grunt work required to support our pilot group and contract.