Thread: Emirates ?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 02:07 PM
atpcliff
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: Capt

Hi!

Some guys have gotten rejection emails soon after applying. I have just gotten an email saying they received my update.

They started accepting apps on 15 Sep, I believe, and I heard hiring starting Oct. They are reported to be getting more -380s soon that Qantas??? turned away (spelled it right this time!). Just read getting "X" number of new planes over the next 7 months, and with guys leaving, and no new hiring lately, the poster said he thinks they will be hurting BAD for pilots...took too long to start hiring again.

A number of guys are quitting, as the overall conditions have DEFINITELY deteriorated. However, it is comparable to most airline jobs out there, and better than a lot of others. It seems that EK is the best airline job in the Middle East.

I know 2 guys there: 1 said it was horrid and quit. The others says it is great, and he and his American wife like it a lot.

The training system is basically British, and it is NOT America, so if you need a McDonald's on every block, don't apply.

cliff
NBO
PS-I AM missing Walmart!!!