View Single Post
Old 09-25-2009, 04:52 PM
80ktsClamp
Da Hudge

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Poodle Whisperer

Originally Posted by Teach View Post
AlphaSlow, this is just way too easy. A big fat slow pitch down the middle. I was going to preface this with sorry, but I just got to do this... but I won't.

First, it appears your really don't get it. You say that "everyone understands that the union revolves around the pilots." Really? Was there not an LEC resolution asking for a scope report card passed by the pilots of the union?

What did the leadership do with that resolution? It was a simple easy request that sprang from the blow back that the MEC and Moak experienced after mishandling the rj grievance. How do you just wake up one day and figure out that there are 22 or so too many rj's in the connection fleet? And the communication on this issue. Unbelieveable. I'd give it an F. We would not even be discussing report cards if the MEC had not missed this fact 22 times!

Finally, you can put down all the newly nominated reps all you want as "web board chest pounders." Fact is, they have been nominated as a direct result of the rj/scope blowback created by the MEC. Add to this the ineffective communication that is more often than not a condenscending one way conversation and voila, you have a slate of people that want to vote for change.

Now, you have many people in the union who want to see this change and they are ready to vote to make this change happen. This is going to be interesting. Got to go. Wife and I have a date night with one of our daughters. Priorities.

-Teach

Spot on! Very well said.