Thread: Pro Airways
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 03:23 PM
PC12Flyer
Line Holder

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Not too sure if they are hiring right now to be honest with you. I did, however interview there last year and turned them down. Position would have been a first officer in the Beechjet. YOU have to pay for your own type rating, although they say that they will pay you back over the span of a year. Schedule is 24/7 on call, although they give you 6 days per month that you can set as a hard day off, however if they absolutely need you, they can call you and expect you to come into work....that doesn't sound like a hard day off to me, although I guess you just don't have to answer your phone. Also, have to live within 1hour from PYM. Salary didn't look too bad (can't remember the numbers though...sorry)

I chose to stay away from them and am in a much better situation now, however everybody does what they need to do to put bread on the table. I just can't justify them hiring you to do a job for them basically, and making YOU pay to get qualified in their equipment...but that is whole other conversation for another time. Hope this helps a bit and best of luck to you.