View Single Post
Old 09-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Scoop
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: DAL 330

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
I don't want to go into anything angry. I don't think management comes to the table angry at the pilots. If anything they probably come in snickering and rightfully so.

Doing anything on emotion rarely works, especially negotiating. Emotion makes car dealers a fortune. If we're still doing negotiating on this level at the worlds largest airline on emotion then shame on us.

I will direct my anger towards the union if I feel like they will not represent their pilots as they have been hired to do. If I had an agent representing me and he wants me to do something I don't think is wise in the long term or doesn't pass the smell test then guess who I am going after? My agent, because either he isn't doing is job or he isn't telling me the whole picture.
FTB,

By all means direct your anger toward whoever you want. The main point of my post was that when pilots post personal insults at other pilots on this forum they detract from their argument. There is nothing wrong with being angry, disappointed, or frustrated with our union - at times I have felt all of these emotions (sometimes simultaneously). I am not saying it is wrong to criticize DALPA, but why not try to criticize with a well thought out and critical argument vice name-calling?

I am not saying everyone has to agree, or even not to get angry, but as you pointed out above, an emotional approach will rarely win out over a logical well thought out approach (unless teenage daughters are involved, in which case logic is worthless).

Scoop

Last edited by Scoop; 09-27-2009 at 07:00 AM.