View Single Post
Old 09-28-2009, 06:21 AM
Fly4hire
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Left, left, left right left....

Originally Posted by Bucking Bar View Post
Denny -

The reason why C44 pilots can't have a scope report card is because Comair pilots would get Date of Hire on the Delta list.

My wife asked me why she could not buy $250 shoes that she'd never wear. I told her "no, because if that happened Comair pilots would get Date of Hire on the Delta list."

My neighbor's kid asked me why I only pay him $40 to mow my grass. I told him that is what the "silent majority" wants and Comair would get Date of Hire on the Delta seniority list.

The kid looked at me strangely, then walked away dejected and I still only pay $40 for grass mowing! Wow, this stuff really works!
Funny Stuff! With a crack legal team, a fairly matched merger of ~ equals, and an arbitrator, NWA pilots could not get DOH

I suggest everyone who is fed up with the legal arguments of why we can't do this or that ref Scope go read Section 40.I of the ALPA Admin manual as amended post Ford-Cooksey settlement.

There is NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING that would legally preclude the passing of Scope resolutions, even saying we wanted to take every RJ ever conceived back from CMR. All Ford-Cooksey and 40.I do is to provide a non-binding seat at the table and process for inclusion in the Scope negotiating process. It does NOT guarantee an outcome, nor does it trigger further litigation if there is an unresolvable disagreement between the major and feeder family over a change to Scope.

There is NO ongoing litigation reference Scope and Ford-Cooksey. The lawsuit is settled and dead and RJDC disbanded. Ford has written a letter to Prater reference our grievance settlement that granted the feed additional 76 seaters (which advantages them) because of his perception that the grievance settlement was a negotiation and should have required Scope Subcommittee participation.

A letter of protest, not a lawsuit, over a non-binding process of the ALPA admin manual!

So again, why can't we legally pass any resolution with Scope at the MEC level? Better start looking for another Red-Herring.

Better start pushing for the real reason, or some hard factual verification of why the Administration does not want to do anything to codify strengthening Scope