What's A Weekend?
Lowlevel
What's A Weekend?
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2009
  • Position
    Big...So Big
Quote: There really is a lot of bickering here about a Comair Mesaba merger. Remember that Mergers and Aquisitions are a tricky Animal. Did America West and USAir get integrated fairly? How about American and TWA?

Bendoritis does not want a merger. He wants to quarantine Comairs Longevity costs and kill them (the flight attendants as well). I think he feels that he will have the leverage when our minimum fleet garuntee expires.

This will not be his choice. Just like all of our presidents.... he is just a yes man that follows directions from ATL. Has anyone seen anything new or innovative out of his management?

IF someone over Bendoritis's head directs a merger.... That's where the assesment comes in and the two pilot groups go to war.

Evidently our lawyer thinks DOH would be a bit of a "hail mary" but within easy reach would be a percentage integration from a Date of when the merger was first announced.

In other words.....

If you were a captain (not downgraded) a year ago, you would be integrated as a Captain.

IF you were not yet a captain a year ago, you would be integrated as an FO.

There would still be 4, 5, and 6 year FO's that would be forced to endure flying with 3rd year captains, and I think that a merger like this would get real ugly in some cases.

I wonder what would come of Compass. I have heard that it is the Delta Pilot groups desire to give them Delta seniority numbers and simply obsorb them into the mainline.
Compass absorbed into DAL and tacked on the bottom. Mesaba & Comair merged and becomes Messair, or Comair shrinks and last few hundred pilots are furloughed, equipment goes to Mesaba. OR- Comair shrinks and Comair pilots must interview for a chance to stay at the newly larger Mesaba.